Thursday, July 27, 2006

Concrete End Table



Showing the progress of the creation of my concrete end table. Hopefully this will help me get used to the process of concrete tables and countertops and I will be able to make more in the future, as I already have a few ideas in the works for a coffee table, bar top, and kitchen counter top.

The base is from an old outside patio table. It is a square iron frame.
The top will be about 5 inches thick with a bowl shape in the middle. The color will be a a dark charcoal, as of now I am not planning any special kind of aggragate as I want to avoid any grinding or polishing after I pour the mold. This is a possibiility later, but for now the cost for diamond pads and a grinder is not something I feel that I want to spend. So once the mold is complete I am planning on putting a glass top on which will provide a nice surface as well as allow for display of items in the bowl.

Pictures:
















No comments: